Saturday, December 2, 2006

Bloodless Addiction

i scared myself today.

to preface things
i hate eating when i'm home alone.
for when i start i never stop.

so i was for the first few hours of my waking
then my mother returned and
needed to take my measurements.

i felt very dizzy half way through.

then i sat down.

it's scary having to wonder how your head rolled back and mouth opened.
it's scary having to wonder why your limbs are numb.
it's scary having to ask your mother "what just happened?".
it's scary having however long you were out unaccounted for in memory.

the next words i heard were
"well, that was an academy award winning performance of a seizure".

i don't know how it happened.
but i ate a banana, some apple juice, and oatmeal
and was a little better.

i thought i had a choir performance today
but it was monday, thank god.
if i had done that on stage...

celtic woman was on the telly
and i've always loved the singing
ever since i was in ireland
the hills have called me home.

so that's my father's birthday present
tickets for four
february eighth
tallahassee
beauty.

No comments: