Sunday, December 3, 2006

Slipping

went to the house of cards today.
sang the song
and listened to the words.

then the sun slipped
and it was time.

every often
the church my age
go to the sports center.

the firefly replaced me tonight
with a new doll
this one fresher and with more to discover
than me broken and used.

most my time was with the gun.
he talked and prattled on
i need only supply a mmm and ahh
and girls can be confusing
but she'll go on.

then it closed in.
i wasn't safe since he walked in.

spent some time in cold outside
in the corner of the shadow.

no one could see me.

"i am a monster
nobody cares if i go
it's a blessing to everyone
not to put up with the
disjointed plaything
strangled marionette
useless junk."

then she and i talked in the van of my youth
college, my problems.

of course, she didn't know of
the lines
the angel
the boy
the deathwish
the story
the loneliness
but it's been forever
since somebody cared.

No comments: