Friday, December 1, 2006

Tired Of Getting Better

I've fallen back in love with periods again.

part 1-the angel boy.

his voice watches me
and i meet him there every morning.
we laugh and talk.
i was taller than him today
blame the high-heeled boots, darling.

you and i held hands today
because we were on either side of the.
i know it didn't mean a thing
but it was nice.

you spoon fed me cheerios
and i made a mess of it.
but it was funny.
then you hugged me on the way out
and i melted.

it's funny how much the little things mean
when the one big thing has flown away.

part 2-the visitors.

three people stopped me in my book
as the sandwich crumbs were blown from
the spine.

the first was tyler.
he and i are neutral
but he appeared to care.
i fed him the "i'm okay" lie
and we had a discussion
about vampire novels his girlfriend liked
and tight pants in relation to skinny jeans.

fuzzy fleeted by
but she was gone before i breathed.

and this old guy walked up
and said something which
never impacted
and walked off.

part3-seeing the demon one last time

he walked by me as i left the holocaust visions
him and the strawberry haired girl.
i couldn't see their hands
but it appeared they were intertwined.
just like his and the firefly.

it hurt again, just as fresh as the first time
because i was the moon and she the sun
he never saw me as but her accompianment.

he hasn't spoken to me in three months
even though we occupy the same place
cast out like the one we loved.

part 4-the worst performance

and by that i don't mean us.
the audience was rude
and never clapped.

sadness. we practiced for a month
to play to those preoccupied.

and then the day was ended.

No comments: